Transition to Independence (TIP) 907-279-9640
What is TIP?
Transition to Independence is a community-based model that serves transition youth ages 14-24 who are experiencing emotional and/or behavioral difficulties. TIP engages youth through services that are strength-based and youth-driven. The TIP model also connects youth with a Transition Facilitator who prepares them for progression into adult roles with a focus on five different domains:
- Employment and career
- Living situation
- Personal effectiveness/wellbeing
- Community-life functioning
Eligibility and Criteria
- Youth must be between the ages of 14-24
- Youth must have serious emotional disturbance and/or substance use disorder
- Youth must reside in Anchorage or the Mat-Su Borough area
Call the main Volunteers of America Alaska number at 279-9640 to schedule an assessment. Indicate you are making a referral for the Transition to Independence Program. Our current practice is to complete a full assessment and generate an acceptance letter.
For more information please contact: