PRIME for Life
Helping Alaskans Reach their Prime
VOA Alaska offers PRIME for Life, an evidence-based prevention and intervention program which helps people learn to reduce their risks of alcohol and drug related problems throughout life.
VOA Alaska is proud to offer PFL courses for participants from across the state through online delivery of this course through Zoom. We offer two options for Prime For Life: (1) a course for Adults, and (2) a course for Youth who are high school age and younger. The two options are held on an alternating basis every other week, each course includes two 4-hour sessions, held from 8:00am to Noon on Thursday and Friday.
THE PRIME FOR LIFE PROGRAM:
- Engages participants in self-evaluation of their decision to use drugs and alcohol.
- Helps participants see the life-long consequences of drug and alcohol use.
- Equips participants with the skills needed to prevent future substance abuse.
STEPS TO PARTICIPATE:
- Confirm you have sufficient internet connectivity to sustain 2 4-hour sessions via Zoom.
- Identify a course offering from the list of available courses below that fits with your schedule. Please note: VOA offers two options for Prime For Life: (1) a course for Adults, and (2) a course for Youth; make sure to register for the appropriate course for your age group.
- Click the link for your chosen course date to complete the registration process, including payment.
- Following registration, you will receive a confirmation email with details about how to prepare for your course, including technology guidance and course material distribution.
- If you have any questions about your registration, please contact VOA Alaska prior to your scheduled course date at (907) 265-1906 or by email.
- On course days, make sure to connect to Zoom 15 minutes before your course is scheduled to begin to ensure your connection is working properly.
- Students are expected to be punctual and follow all rules laid out in the student contract.
- Questions about Prime For Life? Contact us today!
- Phone: (907) 265-1906