Our Culinary Heroes: 10 Chefs Inc.
The restaurant industry has always played an essential role in the business, social, intellectual, and artistic life of Anchorage. Restaurants are where we gather in times of crisis, and in celebration. From this spirit of hospitality arose 10 Chefs Inc. under the leadership of Gillian Nannestad. The chefs involved have pulled together to leverage their skills and resources and raise funds for, and awareness about, worthy organizations striving to make Anchorage a better place to live.
Volunteers of America Alaska was honored to be chosen as one of ten organizations highlighted at their inaugural fundraiser on October 4th at which they raised $220,000 for the groups. We are humbled by the support of 10 Chefs Inc. and want to thank each chef by name, with an extra special shout out to Van Hale who represented us so well at the event!
- Chef Nancy Alip, Jens Restaurant
- Chef Guy Conly, Fat Ptarmigan
- Chef Jack Goodsell, Turnagain Arm Pit BBQ
- Chef Brett Knipmeyer, Kinley's Restaurant and Bar
- Chef Al Levinsohn, Kincaid Grill
- Chef Jens Nannestad, Southside Bistro
- Restauranteur Van Hale, The Marx Bros. Cafe
- Chef Patrick Hoogerhyde, Bridge Seafood
- Chef Kelly Nichols, Suite 100
- Chef Alex Perez, Haute Quarter Grill
Learn more about 10 Chefs Inc. and look for announcements from us about future events.