Thanks to some intense mobilization and collaboration across the organization, as of March 21st, all outpatient, early intervention, and prevention services have been migrated to telehealth delivery via Zoom or phone. We stand ready to continue serving the community with no disruption to services, nor any reduction in our availability to support youth and families during this time.
Our team at VOA is called to support the most vulnerable youth in our community. In the face of community crisis, we remain committed to stay connected and provide support to all who need us. Addressing feelings of growing anxiety and isolation are essential to ensuring vulnerable lives are protected.
Are you a current VOA youth or family who needs assistance? Contact us at (907) 279-9640 to talk with our team today.
New to VOA and need to access our services and supports? Contact us at (907) 279-9640 to get set-up with an assessment.
We are currently offering online Family Support Groups for members of the public. If you find yourself seeking an opportunity to connect, engage, and receive support, join us on Zoom. Information and links for scheduled groups can be found on our Facebook page.
Still have questions? Check-out our FAQs or call us at (907) 279-9640.
For information about additional resources and supports available across the community, see below:
- Alaska 2-1-1 is a one-stop resource for finding help in your community. It’s free, confidential and available in almost any language. Call 211 or 1-800-478-2221 to connect with this resource. You can also search available resources online at https://alaska211.org/.
Food & Groceries
- ASD Food Services during COVID-19 Closure - Food will be available for any child 18 years of age or younger at established food service sites.
- Alaska Food Bank Mobile Food Pantry
- The Children's Lunchbox - providing food boxes for children and their families every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 3 distribution sites. More information can be found here.
- Woodland Park Boys and Girls Club in Spenard (2300 W 36th Ave, Anchorage) 3:00 pm- 3:45 pm
- Mountain View Boys and Girls Club (315 North Price St, Anchorage) 3:00 pm- 3:45 pm
- Fairview Rec. Center (1121 E 10th Ave, Anchorage) 4:00 pm- 4:45 pm
- Grocery stores with online ordering:
- Special Shopping Hours for elderly & other vulnerable shoppers:
- Costco - Tuesdays & Thursdays from 8am-9am
- Carrs - Tuesdays & Thursdays from 7am-9am
- Three Bears - Monday-Friday 7am-9am
Utilities & Housing
- AWWU and ML&P have temporarily suspended utility shutoffs - contact AWWU and ML&P if you are facing financial hardship and need payment accommodations.
- Alaska Waste encourages customers to reach-out to local offices, if you are experiencing financial hardship and need payment accommodations.
- GCI offers FREE entry-level internet to new customers and FREE upgrades to existing customers
- ACS offers FREE internet to new customers and a 10% discount to existing customers, must be an educator or student to qualify.
- People Mover bus service has been suspended. AnchorRIDES is available for essential trips on a scheduled basis. Info here.
- Anchorage School District - Educational resources , literacy, math, social and emotional, plus other resources
- Scholastic Learning at Home- Day-by-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking, and growing
- FREE 30-day trial to ABC Mouse Early Learning Academy
- Sesame Street - Elmo Virtual Hug & Caring for Each Other resources
- VOA Alaska Facebook with suggestions for self-care activities for the mind, body & soul
- NAMI Anchorage (mental health & recovery support groups
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Narcotics Anonymous
- Alaska CARELINE- Mental Health Emergency Counseling Line
- 1-877-266-4357, or text 4help to 839863
- Parent/Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope With the Coronavirus Disease 2019
- Online book to talk about COVID-19 with your child
- Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health- Tips For Social Distancing, Quarantine, And Isolation
Have a community resource to add? Contact Alyssa Bish at email@example.com.
Links to Official Public Health Information:
- Anchorage Health Department
- Alaska Department of Health & Social Services
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)